Sunday, October 29, 2006

I finally got around to installing the i386 version Fedora 6, and building Zero on it. In the process, I figured out that a while ago I made an incorrect assumption about the CLONE and FORK events as reported by ptrace... Consequently Zero happened to hang (depending on the kernel version) while debugging multi-threaded programs, or code that called fork(). The problem is now fixed I will be rolling it out over the next couple of days.

I have fixed one bug reported by Marco Bacchetta (a "virtual dso read" error message popped up right at the beginning of the debugging session).

Also fixed a bug in processing command line arguments, and another one dealing with anonymous structs, both reported by Massimiliano Pagani. L'Italia è campione del Mondo!

And squashed a problem with detecting signal handler trampolines, when handler was being installed by sigaction().

No comments: