Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Linurix: Linux Limericks

I like to improve my English as a second language every chance I get. For example, when I am stuck in traffic I practice making limericks.

Today I came up with something new: linurix (plural linurix). Limericks about Linux. They go something like this:

There is a man from Stellenbosch
Who's never seen a Macintosh,
Because Winnie Mandela
Once told the poor fella
That Ubuntu Linux was posh.

There is a guy in Tennessee
Who owns two Macs but no PC.
He thinks RedHat from Raleigh
And the Pope are unholy.
And this is religion, you see.

Charles Simony circled the Earth.
On his way back he came forth
And called his attorney
"Hey man, this journey
Confirms: Ubuntu is shuttle-worth!"


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great, Seems that your first language becomes English now. Good one.

Anonymous said...

The second one is my favorite.